The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• With Novak Djokovic's and Stan Wawrinka's early losses on Thursday, the Rogers Cup draw seems to be opening up for Andy Murray to make his first final since winning Wimbledon last year. It's been a long road back for Murray.
• Roger Federer does a Q&A session with fans in Toronto:
• Sloane Stephens and Jack Sock came very close to pulling off two big wins on Wednesday. But Stephens fell short to Jelena Jankovic, and Sock just couldn't convert when it mattered against Milos Raonic. Here's how Steve Tignor saw it.
• Raonic is the last Canadian standing at the Rogers Cup.
• Here's how the Montreal power outage has affected the tournament's bottom line.
• Always a favorite series over The Grandstand: Players react to Rafael Nadal's withdrawal from Toronto and Cincinnati.
• Great commercial by Tennis Canada featuring Raonic:
• Sometimes top athletes have bad days. Simple as that.
• Non-tennis: Can a female basketball coach "mold boys into successful men?" That's just an infuriating question.