The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• For the 10th straight year, Maria Sharapova tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid female athletes. Seven of the top 10 women on the list are tennis players, including Li Na, Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka, Caroline Wozniacki, Agnieszka Radwanska and Ana Ivanovic.
• Bernard Tomic gets a wild card into the U.S. Open. Oddest name on this list: Michael Llodra, who is given the reciprocal wild card by the French tennis federation.
• Iveta Melzer announces her retirement on Facebook.
• Video: Roger Federer is frustrated he's losing in finals this year, but he would also like to remind you that at one point he won 24 straight finals.
• Heavy Topspin has some good suggestions on how tennis can mine stats for players, media and fans from the umpire's scorecard.
• For The Win plots out how Rory McIlroy tanked Caroline Wozniacki's career.
• As the early upsets prove, the Canada-Cincinnati double is not easy.
• Non-tennis: Here's how the NFL rosters would look if teams only fielded hometown players.