Daily Bagel: Who is the real Serena? Plus, Federer as Cleopatra
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• New York Times Magazine profiles Eugenie Bouchard in its U.S. Open issue. Her siblings call her "The Chosen One".
• From Johnette Howard for ESPN: Who is the real Serena Williams?
• Maria Sharapova is the new face of the CFDA breast cancer campaign.
• Cool breakdown at For The Win of why (and how) tennis players get more air through their groundstrokes than ever before.
• Roger Federer as...Cleopatra?
• John Isner interviews Jack Sock:
• From Doug Robson for USA Today: "There may not be any top Swedish players anymore, but the Swedish influence in tennis holds strong in the coaching and administrative ranks."
• Bethanie Mattek-Sands will add some color to the Tennis Channel commentary team at the U.S. Open.
• James Blake has some thoughts on Andy Roddick's post-retirement physique:
• WTA Backspin looks back at the 2004 U.S. Open.
• From Pete Bodo: Welcome to the U.S. Open.