Daily Bagel: Wawrinka tells fan to 'shut up' and a tennis World Cup?
• Stan Wawrinka told a fan to shut up during his four-set victory over Thomaz Bellucci in the second round of the U.S. Open on Wednesday. Welcome to New York, Stan. After the match (which didn't end until 12:30 a.m. on Thursday, Wawrinka said of the incident: "At the end of the day, they start to get a little bit drunk. It was OK. I had to talk to few of them. At the end it's normal."
• From Patrick Hruby for Vice: Why CiCi Bellis should take her U.S. Open prize money and sue the heck out of the NCAA.
• What happened to Russian tennis?
• The WTA is considering a Women's World Cup for tennis.
• Great read by Steve Tignor on Jelena Jankovic.
• Men suck at Hawk-Eye challenges (the ball-tracking technology that allows players to make line-call challenges) compared to women.
• Nice read on Petra Kvitova, who spent the day after winning Wimbledon cleaning her rented house in Wimbledon village.
• Video: Sweet 'tweener/lob, Ivan Dodig:
• Non-tennis: The Brunch Burger at PNC Park in Pittsburgh is a doozy.