Daily Bagel: Rookie Dominic Thiem, why tennis players hate sunscreen
• Here's Christopher Clarey on 20-year-old Dominic Thiem, who is into the fourth round in his U.S. Open debut.
• Takeaways from the new young adult romance series from Monica Seles.
• Juliet Macur of The New York Times on why best-of-five-set matches should be banned.
• Very good discussion by Howard Bryant of ESPN on how to discuss -- or not discuss -- weight and fitness issues in women's tennis.
• From FiveThirtyEight's Carl Bialik: The state of American tennis, and why the women are winning.
• This is worrisome on so many levels: Why tennis players hate wearing sunscreen (and therefore, they don't).
• It's come to this: What Canada can teach the U.S. about tennis.
• Non-tennis: A great read on Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.