The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Let the rumor mill begin: Caroline Wozniacki attended a charity event with Washington Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan.
• Rafael Nadal has resumed his training in preparation for the Australian Open.
• How's this for a mixed doubles team: Serena Williams and Nick Kyrgios at the IPTL:
• Report from the Romanian media:
• Must read: Carl Bialik on Bruce Old, an early tennis stats pioneer whose attempt at a statistical revolution never took.
• WTA CEO Stacey Allaster took home $1.4 million last year, possibly marking the first time the highest-paid tennis executive has been with the WTA.
• From The Guardian: The jury is still out on the International Premier Tennis League.
• Andre Agassi on his IPTL debut.
• Andy Murray reportedly wants to get married in 2015, though a date hasn't been set.
• No surprise here: Maria Sharapova hates the shot clock. It is being used at the IPTL to speed up play.
• The FFT has extended Amelie Mauresmo's Fed Cup captaincy for two more years.
• Down in Melbourne, they're already trying to figure out how hot it's going to be at the Australian Open.
• Congratulations to Yanina Wickmayer on her engagement: