Daily Bagel: Eugenie Bouchard hires Azarenka's ex-coach Sam Sumyk
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• The Toronto Star reports Eugenie Bouchard is set to announce Sam Sumyk as her new coach. Sumyk has spent the last five years coaching former No. 1 Victoria Azarenka, helping her win two Australian Open titles. A further wrinkle to the whole deal: Sumyk's wife is Azarenka's agent.
Bouchard also tweeted this:
• Canada reeling as Bouchard opts not to play Fed Cup this weekend against the Czech Republic. It's a big blow. With the defending champs sending their C-squad (no Kvitova or Safarova), Canada has a shot at the upset.
• Andy Murray and Kim Sears have set a wedding date.
• Good read here from Steve Tignor on Andy Murray, Amelie Mauresmo, and feminism.
• Want to hang out with Andy Roddick? Here's your chance:
• ATP Uncovered looks at the ATP Young Guns:
• WTA Hot Shot nominees for January: