Daily Bagel: Suarez Navarro advances to Miami final, will break into Top 10
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Carla Suarez Navarro advanced to the biggest final of her career with a 6-3, 6-3 win over Andrea Petkovic at the Miami Open. To top it all off, Suarez Navarro will become the third Spaniard to crack the WTA Top 10 on Monday.
• Andy Murray talks to Rolling Stone about his three most memorable wins (they might surprise you) and why he enjoys watching women's tennis.
I feel like I'm more a fan of tennis rather than it being men's or women's. I enjoy watching doubles as well when it's on. I think that there are certain players that I enjoy watching on the men's and women's side. There's some players that I don't enjoy watching on both sides. I enjoy watching Serena [Williams] play, I enjoy watching [Agnieszka] Radwanska, [Maria] Sharapova. And right now there's a lot of young, up-and-coming players. I like watching someone like a Madison Keys, for example, at the Australian Open, where she's just really going for shots and playing fearless tennis.
• Serena and Venus Williams make espnW's list of the most important female athletes of the last 20 years.
• What's on Simona Halep's phone?
• #TBT: Roger Federer's hot shot lob over Andre Agassi in the 2002 Miami Open:
• Federer is spending this week a little differently these days:
• Two low-ranked players were suspended for match-fixing.
• Two low-ranked players were suspended for doping violations.
• Novak Djokovic is not entirely used to being called "a veteran":
• Watch the best highlights from the Miami Open here.