The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Serena Williams had a hit with Donald Trump.
• Must-read: Translated from L'Equipe, Gilles Simon offers some tough truths about prize money issues in tennis.
I sometimes have a problem with players who ask for more money than they generate. Is it in our tour’s interests, seen as a whole, that those guys make more money? I’m pointing out that I use the same reasoning for the women’s tour and for doubles. It’s more of a general reflection than simply a question of money for the rich and the poor.
• In his first match in 17 months, Janko Tipsarevic saved two match points to beat No. 186 Guilherme Clezar in the first round of the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships.
• Get to know Danka Kovinic, the 20-year-old from Montenegro is into the third round of the Family Circle Cup with wins over Christina McHale and last year's semifinalist Belinda Bencic. Next up: Her idol, Jelena Jankovic.
• Great pick-up by Andrea Petkovic on set point against Chanelle Scheepers on Tuesday night:
• Nice black-and-white gallery of the top seeds in Charleston.
• Is Taylor Townsend back to working with Donald Young, Sr.?
• Good to hear Petra Kvitova will return to action next week at Fed Cup. The Czech Republic plays France.
• Here's how the French Fed Cup team gets fired up.
• A podcast offered from 99 Percent Invisible about how sound engineers create "The Sound of Sport", with a segment devoted to the 2008 Wimbledon final. A fascinating listen for any sports fan.
• Who wouldn't watch a reality show that just follows Petkovic and Jankovic? Their bit towards the end of this video is very funny:
Speaking of Petkovic, she has a point here: