The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Roger Federer visited Malawi, Africa, to open a preschool as part of his foundation, which contributes to education programs in southern Africa.
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar writes for TIME about the public pressure on females about and body image, especially among athletes, including Serena Williams.
• Pete Bodo for ESPN on Wally Masur and Lleyton Hewitt’s message to young Australian players: Don't underestimate the old-school Aussie way of getting things done.
• After she pulled out of the Swedish Open in Bastad last week, Serena Williams announced that she will take some time off to heal her elbow injury.
• Serena also became the fourth player in WTA history to hit 250 weeks at World No. 1 on Monday. She is now 10 weeks away from Chris Evert's career total of 260 weeks.
• Rumors: Is Ana Ivanovic working with former coach Nigel Sears again?
• Gael Monfils showed off his skills on the basketball court at the Croatian Open in Umag, where he is the top seed this week.