Daily Bagel: Robson shuts down her season, Anderson enters ATP Top 10
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Kevin Anderson became the first South African since Wayne Ferreira 18 years ago to achieve a Top 10 ATP ranking.
• Speaking of the Andersons: From The Changeover: Tour Wife Tales with Kelsey Anderson: Five Things I Love About Japan.
• With the entire ATP's top 20 in Shanghai at the start, the tournament is now shaping up, with some good matches to come:
• After missing almost the entirety of the 2014 season, Laura Robson has ended her 2015 season due to injuries after playing 11 singles and 10 doubles matches since mid-June, according to the Telegraph.
• Following her loss to Sam Stosur in the second round of the Hong Kong Open on Wednesday, Monica Puig has also ended her 2015 season:
• Novak Djokovic from Shanghai: "I'm aware of the mental edge that I might have over a certain amount of players, and I try to use that."
• The Australian Open is aiming to attract a record one million spectators in 2016, said the tournament's director at a launch for the Slam in Shanghai, featuring Rafael Nadal and Rod Laver.
• Your 2015 ATP Sportsmanship award nominees:
• Serena Williams is taking on new hobbies:
• ICYMI: How the Shanghai Rolex Masters came to be one of the ATP's top tournaments.