The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Christopher Clarey of The New York Times on the WTA Finals sans Serena Williams.
• Former World No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt has been named Australia’s new Davis Cup captain. Hewitt’s first tie will be next March when Australia hosts the U.S.
• Courtney Nguyen of the WTA Insider has introduced a new podcast in Singapore.
• Congratulations are in order for Bob Bryan and his wife Michelle, who just welcomed a new baby boy into the world:
• From the Huffington Post: A look into why older players are finding more success in tennis than younger ones.
• On the Tennis Channel, James Blake talked about the status of his excessive force incident and more.
• Justine Henin, Marat Safin and Helena Sukova were nominated for the 2016 International Tennis Hall of Fame Induction.
• An interview with Rafael Nadal about his 2015 season woes:
“I have not lost the mental strength. What I have lost is the control of myself, of the emotions. I have had more anxiety than I should. I have not lost the mental strength because I’m working as usual, even more. I’m very excited, motivated and working more because my physical condition allows me to do it.”
• ICYMI: Lindsay Davenport was once again this week’s guest on the SI Tennis Beyond the Baseline Podcast. Take a listen below and let us know your feedback, suggestions for guests and comments on the podcast on Twitter @SI_Tennis.