Morning Bagel: More on Venus' illness
The Morning Bagel is your daily dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Read up on Sjodgren's Syndrome.
• SI.com's Richard Deitsch on Venus Williams' withdrawal and illness, with some quotes from Oracene.
• Wow, Venus showed similar symptoms in 2007 and was diagnosed with anemia.
• FoxSports.com's Greg Couch on why tennis needs Venus more than ever.
• It's one thing to ask about court speed. It's quite another to completely geek out on it.
• Fist pumps. It's what tennis is all about.
• Well, now I've seen it all: Eliot Spitzer weighs in on the decline of American tennis.
• Jon Wertheim on the American droughts and hype.
• Tennis.com's Steve Tignor says Christina McHale closed like a star in her second-round upset of Marion Bartoli.
• I find the U.S. Open site very clunky, poorly designed and difficult to navigate. But that doesn't mean there isn't some great content, press conference videos, match highlights and more. Just poke around. Non-tennis: The first NFL Sunday overlaps with the men's U.S. Open final (assuming the rain gods don't intervene). Here's a Bart Scott "Can't Wait!" mix tape to hype us up.