Daily Bagel: Tennis' first grunter makes noise
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Slate's Josh Levin tracks down and interviews the first tennis grunter. Great read.
• So, now that that's over, how do we tweak the U.S. Open schedule?
• Ever wondered what would happen if Ari Fleischer did media training with Serena Williams as Victoria Azarenka grunted on? Well, now you don't have to.
• A roundup of tennis' not-so-great moments during the 2011 U.S. Open.
• Pete Bodo revisits his 2007 article on Novak Djokovic: The Perfect Player.
• What exactly does Rafael Nadal have to figure out to beat Djokovic?
• Mats Wilander on Roger Federer: "There's no question he's better now than he's ever been. He's just not winning."
• Most of this is a rehash, but it's worth reading for the rationale for Serena's' $2,000 fine.
• Why Andy Murray may be the most compelling player in the game.