The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Pete Sampras, on what helped bring him back to competitive tennis: "How much golf can you play in a day?"
• The impact of conference realignment on tennis.
• Matt Cronin is weary from tennis hyperbole.
• Jon Wertheim gets a lot of mail about Serena.
• This would explain why Andy Murray came into press at the U.S. Open in what looked like a full-body suit.
• Serena Williams has been appointed a U.N. Goodwill Ambassador. Sure, there are some easy jokes to make here in light of recent events, but let's just let a good thing be a good thing.
• Maria Sharapova is in Taiwan for an exhibition with Vera Zvonareva, and she's doing a horrible job of going incognito. Kind of hard when you're a 6-foot-3 blonde Russian walking around there.
• Um, is this piece comparing Novak Djokovic to Jesus and Roger Federer to Satan? • Non-tennis: Play like a champion today, guys.