The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Andy Murray must be devastated by the news of REM's breakup: His go-to karaoke song is Losing My Religion.
• More details emerging on the Bob Hewitt abuse scandal. The mother of one of his alleged victims wants to sue.
• Can the wide-open nature of the women's game be attributed to technical differences? One writer thinks so.
• Pete Sampras and Jim Courier discuss the players' union chatter.
• An older piece but good to read again after the U.S. Open: How important are rivalries in tennis?
• Tennis writers love Alexandr Dolgopolov. Here's Bruce Jenkins' take on him.
• Past greats are flabbergasted (my word, not theirs) by Novak Djokovic.
• Speaking of Djokovic, Bob and Mike Bryan can't agree on whether "The Shot" was skill or luck. • Non-tennis: NPR reviews Catching Hell, ESPN's documentary on Steve Bartman, the infamous fan who was unfairly blamed for ruining the Cubs' chances to advance to the World Series in 2003. It's a must-see and a must-read.