Daily Bagel: Murray a fall guy
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Who doesn't love a good blooper reel?
• Andy Murray loves the fall season and the numbers back it up.
• ESPN.com's Ravi Ubha tracks down Dinara Safina in Germany to discuss retirement rumors.
• According to James LaRosa, skin = win.
• Last week it was the women, and now it's the men's turn to express support for Japan.
• Jon Wertheim talks scheduling and globalization in this week's Mailbag.
• James Blake criticizes the critics.
• Serena Williams is No. 41 on The Root's list of the 100 most influential African-Americans in 2011.
• More thoughts and less sympathy for the players' strike talk at We Are Tennis.
• She hasn't won a tournament all year, but Ana Ivanovic has been awarded a wild card to Bali to defend her title.
• Goodbye, Medibank: Sydney announces a new title sponsor.
• Despite the shortened calendar, WTA CEO Stacy Allaster thinks the tennis season is still too long.
• Victoria Azarenka complains about noise. Yup, you heard that right.
• Mardy Fish, on why he prefers low-cut socks. • Non-tennis: The 12 most inspirational quotes from Steve Jobs. And if you haven't done so yet, watch his 2005 commencement speech at Stanford University and read this post (link contains strong language) from former Gizmodo editor Brian Lam.