Daily Bagel: Women's doubles sure to excite
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• The most underrated, thrilling tennis there is today? Women's doubles, according to Douglas Perry.
• Which current presidential candidate would you like as your doubles partner?
• ESPN.com analyzes the compelling careers of Jennifer Capriati and Gustavo Kuerten.
• Irina Falconi and Christina McHale have played well since their U.S. Open runs. Are they the next American stars?
• Should the U.S. Open switch to a permanent Monday men's final? Pros, cons and alternative solutions.
• Bloomberg reports that ATP CEO Adam Helfant is opposed to the U.S. Open moving to a 15-day schedule finishing on Monday. • Non-tennis: Car company Kia is going ahead with its Blake Griffin-centered ad campaign, despite the fact that, you know, there might not be an NBA season. Here's the latest commercial with the reigning Slam Dunk champion.