Daily Bagel: Federer 'so close' to great year
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Roger Federer on his 2011: "I was so close to having another terrific year. If I had won three or four matches more at important stages of the tournaments this year, things would have looked completely different, I would have had the confidence and momentum to go and do even greater things."
• ESPN.com's Ravi Ubha picks Rafael Nadal to win the ATP World Tour Finals and doesn't see Federer getting out of group play. (Our breakdown and predictions are here.)
• DEUCE magazine with comprehensive coverage of the World Tour Finals.
• Marat Safin doesn't like Andy Murray's chances in London.
• At Tennis.com, Steve Tignor and Kamakshi Tandon touch on a variety of hot topics.
• Boris Becker weighs in on Novak Djokovic's year.