Daily Bagel: Was 2011 the perfect year?
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• As the 2011 season wraps, Peter Bodo says this year "might have been the most exciting, unpredictable and competitive year in tennis history." Does that make it the perfect season?
• Jon Wertheim on Roger Federer, the last man standing.
• Uncle Toni tells us what we already know about Rafael Nadal's output this year.
• Women's Tennis Blog takes a look inside the numbers to see what the top 10 players' losses suggest. Some key takeaways: Vera Zvonareva was the most consistent in 2011 as the only top-10 player who never lost to an opponent outside the top 35, while Maria Sharapova had the second-lowest average rank of players who defeated her among the top 10. In other words, Zvonareva lost to higher-ranked players and Sharapova stumbled against much lower-ranked players.
• Take a look at young Flavia Pennetta.