This week we welcome the return of Vince Spadea, relish the offseason along with Mardy Fish and see Andrea Petkovic draw first blood in the preseason.
Tweet of the Week: Tennis writer Kamakshi Tandon points out the crucial link in the LTA's recent coaching/captaincy changes: Andy Murray's girlfriend, Kim Sears.
Best of the Rest
10. Offseason? We don't need no stinkin' offseason: Just kidding. We really, really, really do.
9. Context is your friend: For the record, Tennis Channel was replaying Caroline Wozniacki's defeat of Maria Sharapova at Indian Wells this year when Serena tweeted this.
8. The Trade Nazi: As with much of the sports world, Andy Roddick could not stop laughing at the idiocy that was NBA commissioner David Stern's decision to kill the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers.
7. Rock 'n rainbow roll: Ah, to have a young athlete's metabolism.
6. We ain't afraid o' ya: Vince Spadea, player, poet, rapper extraordinaire, pops his head up on Twitter, much to my delight.
5. Yes, it is: Seriously, Mardy, can you please talk to this kid? It's getting painful.
4. Taking notes?: Inspiration for her Australian Open kit?
3. Cam > Tebow: Never ruffle the feathers of Tebow fans. Or Tebow haters. Equally.
2. Grand Slam > Muffin Top: Serena's getting fit. Also, I get to link to my favorite song about muffin tops.
1. Blood for glory: Andrea Petkovic is crushing it a the gym. And by "it" I mean her nose. https://twitter.com/#!/andreapetkovic/status/144161919421530113