By C.W. Sesno, SI.com
[slideshow] Note: All photos AFP/Getty.
A new year, a new look for Andy Roddick. The 29-year-old unveiled a new hairdo at the Kooyong Classic, a tune-up exhibition for the Australian Open that starts on Wednesday.
There are a few plausible explanations for how and why this disaster has happened:
1) With a 30th birthday around the corner, Roddick is clinging to youth.
2) Conversely, he has embraced what seems to be a receding hairline.
3) He's trying to boost his Little Giants-esque intimidation factor.
4) Jet-lag + electric hair trimmer = Bad decisions in Australia.
5) Social pressure to match his wife's weird head-thingy.
6) The Birdman calleth.
What do you think of Roddick's new 'do? Sound off in the comments and let us know.