Daily Bagel: Rockin' to 'Billy Jean'
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Check out Romanian Alexandra Dulgheru, who upset Petra Kvitova at the U.S. Open last year, dance to Billie Jean at the Monterrey Open player party. The woman has moves, folks. Unfortunately, she may have burned too much energy dancing. The fourth seed lost in the first round on Tuesday.
• Here's a fashion Q&A with Maria Sharapova. "I think once I won Wimbledon at age 17, many people started to notice my tennis and I did get some attention for my physical appearance," Sharapova said. "All I can say is that I want to be remembered as a great tennis champion, nothing else."
• Victoria Azarenka continues to get asked about grunting, and she keeps coming up with "creative" ways of answering the question. Last week she compared it to snoring and said players who complain about her grunting are "weak people." All right then.
• Richard Evans raises a good point in this piece for Fox Sports: Why should Davis Cup award rankings points only for World Group wins, leaving those players confined in the lower tiers unrewarded for their efforts?
• Did you know former Baltimore Ravens coach Brian Billick is a big tennis fan? I didn't. On this week's SI Tennis Podcast, Jon Wertheim talks to Billick about why he loves tennis and how he views the mental side of the sport. It's worth a listen. You can also subscribe to the podcast here.
• Errol Flynn almost played doubles at the U.S. Open.
• Non-tennis: Everyone's favorite rebel chef du jour, Momofuku's David Chang, lists his 10 essential things.