Daily Bagel: Andrea Petkovic eyes return from back injury
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Maria Sharapova followed up her brief appearance on the Oscar party scene with a stop on Chelsea Lately. The best exchange has to be Sharapova's response to Handler's "playful" charge that the Russian doesn't have a reputation of being the nicest woman on Tour. "I'm not exactly giving them [high] fives in the shower, if that's what you mean," Sharapova says. Sure, let's go with that, 'Sugarpova.'
• Andrea Petkovic says her back is healing but she may be a month away from competition, which would imply that she's out of Indian Wells and Miami.
• Spanish tax authorities are making Rafael Nadal move his company headquarters back to the Balearic Islands. They were previously headquartered in Basque Country, which allowed Nadal to take advantage of some tax breaks.
• Martina Navratilova is going to appear on Dancing With The Stars.
• How Christina McHale steadied her way to the head of the class, outpacing the other Americans in her generation, including Melanie Oudin and CoCo Vandeweghe. "For me it's actually felt like I'm moving at a slow and steady pace," said McHale, describing her ranking progression. "It hasn't felt like it's come too soon or anything for me. It's just been a process. I just want to keep going."
• Irina Falconi is blogging for the WTA from Acapulco this week.
• The ATP players have voted Shanghai, Dubai and Bastad as the 2011 tournaments of the year. I always find it interesting that the tournaments that usually win these player votes probably wouldn't crack the top five for fan votes. Organization and fan-friendliness don't always go hand in hand.• Non-tennis: Kit Kats of the world, unite!