Daily Bagel: Victoria Azarenka's new look
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Ever wanted to see Sam Stosur yell "I LOVE PARIS!!!" out of a car window? Well now's your chance.
• WTA Backspin takes a look at Victoria Azarenka's first round win/survival.
Chris Evert noted on ESPN2 how different an image Azarenka presented as she walked out onto Chatrier Court than she had on Laver. Gone were the hoodie, ear buds and confident strut. In was a more composed, "professional-looking" champion. Thing is, Azarenka isn't Roger Federer. He's a naturally elegant athlete, from his clothes to his style of play. Vika has a bit of a brawler in her. MMA by way of a tennis court. It works for her, just like Federer's more classic ways fit him.
• Nice interview on Tennis Channel with Roger Federer. It's as relaxed and natural as I've seen him in a television interview in quite some time.
• It's weird we're so obsessed with Li Na's pocketbook, but it's really difficult to truly fathom how much her life has changed thanks to her two weeks in Paris last year. Her agent, Max Eisenbud, has definitely earned his keep.
“I used to look at Serena Williams and Maria and I was like ‘Wow, they are stars’ because they both had huge big sponsors,” Li said. “I now have 12 sponsors after I won the French Open. Max was working hard. I was really shocked. But of course, the more sponsors come for me, it does mean you are more public.”
• The Bryans are blogging for USA Today during their stint in Paris.
"I'd say the French is the toughest one to win because there are so many dangerous teams, especially with the singles guys. They're all a little better because the courts are slower. They have time to set up and hit their big groundies. Sometimes it's not a given that the doubles guys are going to come out on top, especially with the way these guys are hitting from the baseline."
• Tom Tebbutt's daily blog from Paris is a must-read to get the flavor of the grounds and what it's like to cover a Slam. But be warned: You will learn a lot about the Canadians. For example, Daniel Nestor wants to play doubles at the Olympics with Vasek Pospisil.
• Consider this Q&A with Svetlana Kuznetsova mandatory reading. She says she once dreamt of kissing Marat Safin and he knows about it. Also, she's spoken to 50 Cent on the phone. It's all a lot to process.
• Give it up for Malek Jazeeri, who gave Tunisia its first main draw win in the men's singles at Roland Garros ever.
• Want to know what "FINALLY!!!!" sounds like? Check out Melanie Oudin's reaction after winning match point against Johanna Larsson on Sunday.
• Weigh in: Is this racket abuse or not? Here's where I stand: If you throw something and it almost hits someone, it's a code violation.
• Non-tennis: Is this the best Adam Yauch tribute yet? Kids re-enact the Sabotage video scene for scene. They put the "aw" in "rawk". See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.