The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Rafael Nadal played his first match of the year on grass Thursday, teaming up with Marcel Granollers in Halle, Germany. There was a collision. Thankfully the grass is soft and Rafa is OK.
• Andy Roddick has taken a wild card into next week's tournament in Eastbourne. Good move for Roddick, who needs as many matches as he can get before Wimbledon. This will be the first time Roddick plays a lead-up the week before Wimbledon since Nottingham in 2002.
• The AEGON Championships already took a hit before the tournament began, with Nadal opting to join Roger Federer in Halle. As Alix Ramsay writes, the hits just kept on coming once the tournament actually started.
• The ratings for the men's and women's French Open final on NBC are out. So much for the Maria Sharapova effect.
• Tough luck for Kaia Kanepi. The French Open quarterfinalist will miss Wimbledon due to an injury.
• This was a very funny read: Maria Sharapova's Twitter Feed Found.
• One of BTB's favorite Twitter accounts, @PseudoFed, now has a blog. And it is well worth reading. Keep calm and stay humble.
• Non-tennis: That's a clown question, bro. See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.