The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Missed this one during the Olympics. Andy Murray gives Tin Henman a poke and a hug after the gold-medal match. Nice to see.
• It's official: Maria Sugarpova is launching her line of candy.
• Ana Ivanovic is out of Cincinnati with a foot injury.
• Jelena Jankovic squandered five match points in her loss to Peng Shuai at the Western & Southern Open on Monday. The former No. 1 has dropped seven of eight matches since reaching the final in Birmingham, England.
• ESPN.com's Greg Garber on how the Olympics have affected the U.S. Open tune-ups:
You could see this train wreck coming a few years ago when they put together the compressed 2012 schedule.
Today's professional tennis circuit is tough enough on the human body, but when you shoe-horn another important event -- London 2012 -- into the middle of the calendar, you are asking for chaos.
And that's just what we have among the elite players two weeks before the start of the U.S. Open.
The two North American tournaments in August, Montreal/Toronto and Cincinnati, are usually star-loaded, competitive and good indications of where the top players are going into New York. This year, in the wake of the Olympics, where many of the best went deep, it's tough to make any kind of meaningful assessment.
• Don't worry about Rafael Nadal. He's got some friends to keep him company during his knee rehabilitation, which apparently involves a boat.
• Non-tennis: One last hurrah for the Brits: Team GB, including the adorable Jessica Ennis, lip-dub Queen's Don't Stop Me Now. See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.