The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Man, that 31-year old Roger Federer is old and washed up, huh?
• The men of the ATP have complained all year that they believe they're entitled to more prize money, particularly for journeyman players in the first three rounds. Now comes news that the ATP board has voted down a proposed $800,000 prize money increase offered by the Larry Ellison-owned BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells. CEO Raymond Moore says the offer was to increase prize money by $1.6 million -- $800k for each tour -- with the bulk of the money distributed to players in the early rounds. He's shocked the ATP said 'no, thanks'.
Because players in the earlier rounds didn’t get much of a raise, it created grumblings on the men’s tour. So Moore said this year’s prize money increase was to address those concerns. This wasn’t the reaction Moore was expecting from the ATP. “I’m staggered, but we’ll see what (Drewett) has to say,” Moore said.
Jon Wertheim tweeted about the ATP's vote yesterday. Here's what he had to say:
• Israeli media reports Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou have left Israel after being inundated by the media. Here's video of what looks like a polite but exasperated Serena getting hounded for interviews.
• Which top ATP player best matches your own personality? Take the ATP's quiz. For the record, I got Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Which obviously means I am soft-spoken, charming (obviously), and let's face it, kind of an underachiever. Let us know how you fared in the comments.
• Non-tennis: Introducing the most popular tweet of all time. See or read something that you enjoyed and want to share? Feel free to email or tweet us links to pieces from around the Internet that may have slipped past our radar.