Maria Sharapova didn't care for Agnieszka Radwanska critiquing her noise level. (Asanka Brendon Ratnayake/Icon SMI)
The BTB Awards are our look back at the best — and worst — of the tennis season.
Today we let the players speak for themselves with a collection of some of the most memorable quotes and zingers from the year.
2012 IN REVIEW: Report Card | Surprises | Meltdowns | Shots | The Toss: Best Slam?
• "Isn't she back in Poland already?"
- Maria Sharapova, after being told Agnieszka Radwanska complained to the press about her grunting. The exchange gets better:
MARIA SHARAPOVA: When did she get a chance to say that?
Q. After she lost her quarterfinal.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: She lost the match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Oh.
• “I feel like it’s extremes with me right now. If I win one, it’s like career appreciation day. Then if I lose one, it’s like we should take him out into the field and shoot him in the head.”
- Andy Roddick, after his loss to Novak Djokovic at the Olympics.
• “I know I’m good at tennis. Other than that, everything else is a wild card. I’m a wild card.”
- Venus Williams in Rome.
• "I'll remember you."
- Bernard Tomic's unconvincing threat of a reporter who asked him about tanking.
• "I don't know how you can go through a four-hour match with Rafa and he never gets a time violation."
- Roger Federer, at Indian Wells, objects to the amount of time Nadal takes between points.
• “I like this court. I don’t know, maybe next year will be much faster if Roger says, no? I have already this week a lot of time violation. That’s the true.”
- Rafael Nadal on Roger Federer’s complaints regarding the slow speed of the courts at Indian Wells.
• "I had just never seen a boob before, to be honest."
- Andy Roddick on why he refused a request from a woman to sign her chest when he was 17 years old.
• "I don't know what that means."
- Andy Murray after being asked if he felt a sense of "exultation" after winning the U.S. Open.
• “I’m gonna kill myself. What am I going to do recovering? I’m just gonna go on the practice court and practice again.”
- Victoria Azarenka on how she'll deal with her early exit from the French Open..
• “Swag out this world you should call me Venus. That’s my sister, my name is Serena, on the court I serve ‘em up, no subpoena.”
- Serena Williams droppin' rhymes on a rap song.
• "I wore it because I believe in equal rights for everyone. That’s it."
- Laura Robson on why she wore a rainbow ribbon in her hair at the Australian Open.
• "He definitely is. He has to go along with his daddy."
- Novak Djokovic on whether his dog, Pierre, is gluten free.
• “After my video, every player watch me don’t say hello. [They] say, ‘Yo, yo.’”
- Zheng Jie on the locker-room reaction to her Jay-Z video.
• “There were a lot of people shouting out. I know it’s not proper tennis etiquette, but this is the first time I’ve ever played here that the crowd has been behind me like that. Today I felt American, you know, for the first time at the U.S. Open. So I’ve waited my whole career to have this moment and here it is. ... It was great. It was awesome. It was like winning gold.”
- Venus Williams after losing to Angelique Kerber at the U.S. Open.
• “I’m getting closer!”
- Andy Murray on the verge of tears after losing to Roger Federer in the Wimbledon final.
• “I’m very, very happy on the inside. I’m sorry if I’m not showing it how you want me to.”
- Andy Murray to reporters who questioned his lack of enthusiasm after winning the U.S. Open.
• "I just hope you're not comparing me with Lukas Rosol. Do you?"
- Tomas Berdych, after upsetting Roger Federer at the U.S. Open, taking great umbrage to any comparisons to his lower-ranked countryman, who stunned Rafael Nadal at Wimbledon.
• "The ball was so close that it might as well have been out."
- Caroline Wozniacki'scurious logic regarding a ball that clipped the line and was ruled in.
• "I'm trying my tits off!"
- Andy Murray to his box during the French Open.
• "They told me I was fine, not pregnant. I'm like, Can I get my money back?"
- Maria Sharapova on getting an ultrasound in response to a stomach virus she picked up at the Olympics.
• "Boy, you're my match point."
- Caroline Wozniacki's memorable line in her charity song Oxygen.
• "I played Almagro many times this year and won most of them. If he’s nominated, he will be the weak point on which we can build our victory. He’s missing that little something that distinguishes great players."
- Tomas Berdych throws shade at Nicolas Almagro before the Davis Cup final. Luckily for Berdych, he was right.
• "I am basically a blazer. If I were a clothing item, I would be a legging and a blazer."
- Serena Williams on the Home Shopping Network.
• “Right now, I [am] just watching her play, and I get nervous, because you think, ‘Jesus Christ. Come on. Do something better.’”
- Alexander Ovechkin on watching his girlfriend, Maria Kirilenko.
• "Have you been to school? Can I ask you? Have you gone to school?”
- Caroline Wozniacki during a disagreement with the chair umpire at the French Open.
• “My coach is, ‘Look at Novak. Look at him. They’re so ripped.’ I’m like, ‘Yeah, well, I can’t look like that.'"
- Ana Ivanovic on trying to gain more muscle strength.
• “I hope maybe not next week. Maybe in the final, then, you know, it’s OK.”
- Agnieszka Radwanska, who lost to Victoria Azarenka four times in the first three months of the season, wasn't looking forward to a rematch.
• “I actually had a small kangaroo -- and I’m not kidding this time. I was holding a small kangaroo, baby kangaroo … it was very nice to me this time. Do you know what it did afterward? I gave it some milk, and it just spit it all over me. I was like, Is this a thank-you for just being nice and petting the kangaroo? I got milk all over myself. I guess I deserved that from the story last year.”
- Caroline Wozniacki, who joked last year about being attacked by a kangaroo, on a recent encounter with the animal.
• “He won the match point. [Smiling.] That’s a joke. Nobody is laughing.”
- Ivo Karlovic on how Roger Federer was able to beat him at the Australian Open.
• “My father told me all the time, If you broke the racket, I broke you.”
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
• "I want everyone to look back and think that I was awesome."
- Andy Roddick joking about his legacy.
Did we miss one of your favorite quotes? Let us know in the comments.