The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Amusing video from the Apia International Sydney tournament featuring Svetlana Kuznetsova and Jelena Jankovic doing their version of "Quiz Show."
• The Australian Open men's qualifying draw is out. James Blake and Donald Young could meet in the second round. Other Americans in the draw: Jack Sock, Denis Kudla, Rajeev Ram, Bradley Klahn, Wayne Odesnik, Steve Johnson, Ryan Sweeting, Alex Kuznetsov, Denis Zivkovic and Tennys Sandgren.
• More injury woes: Kei Nishikori (knee) and Juan Monaco (hand) have withdrawn from Kooyong. They're replaced by Ivan Dodig and Paul-Henri Mathieu. Hey, remember when Kooyong actually used to have a quality field?
• In this lengthy interview, Laura Robson says her goal is to be seeded at the U.S. Open.
• Interesting read from Linda Pearce for the Sydney Morning Herald about how Jo-Wilfried Tsonga's withdrawal from Sydney helped Tennis Australia avoid a showdown with Bernard Tomic over a wild card into this week's Apia International Sydney.
• PseudoFed is back to blogging at The Tennis Space. Mr. FauxFed makes a simple request to the Australian Open draw gods:
There isn’t much to say about this other than agreeing that we all would like Mr. Australia to bear in mind that I have reached a certain level, a certain, Je ne sais GOAT. So having Djokovic, Murray (Andrew, his brother, mother and any cousins) and Del Potro on the opposite side to me is best.
• Caroline Wozniacki, Andrea Petkovic and Robson will be wearing the adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade line this year .