Daily Bagel: French Davis Cup team hangs from side of building
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• The French Davis Cup team builds camaraderie by hanging off the side of a building (The Slice).
• Chris Clarey of The New York Times looks at how Novak Djokovic came to play in Boise, Idaho.
• The Davis Cup will leave a lasting mark in Boise, where the USTA will donate $25,000 (matched by the city) for renovations and the building of new courts (KTVB TV).
• Andy Murray's endorsement deal with Mahesh Bhupati's company, Globosport, could help lead to a three-week tournament across Asia in November and December (The Guardian).
• Steve Tignor of Tennis.com goes inside the minds of the top men's players with a clinical psychologist.
• Sam Querrey and Jack Sock have committed to the Hall of Fame Championships in Newport, R.I., in July (Providence Journal).