Daily Bagel: Little-known Serbian derails U.S. Davis Cup team
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Tough luck to the American Davis Cup team, which ran into the inspired buzz saw that was Ilija Bozoljac.
• Lots of reactions to the Bryans' surprising loss to Bozoljac and Nenad Zimonjic in Davis Cup doubles over the weekend. Here's how Doug Robson and Matt Cronin, who were on the ground in Boise, Idaho, saw it.
• Not to be lost in all the Davis Cup disappointment, Sam Querrey was clutch during his first rubber on Friday, defeating Victor Troicki in five sets.
This was, like it or not, a Sam Querrey Moment. Perhaps for the first time in his career, he was faced with a match that he absolutely had to win.
• Maria Sharapova, Texas beauty queen:
• Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker had a date night.
• Carlos Berlocq "hulked" once again after securing the surprising 3-2 win for Argentina over France.
• Switzerland's Stefanie Voegele beat Caroline Wozniacki to make her first WTA Premier semifinal this weekend, losing in three sets to Jelena Jankovic. Get to know her here.
• One of the WTA's favorite umpires, Lynn Welch, is retiring. Happy trails, Lynn. You'll be missed.