The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Ernests Gulbis had an absolute meltdown in his second round loss to Juan Monaco on Wednesday, incurring a game penalty after picking up his third code violation of the match after he crushed his racket against the umpire's ladder.
• Andy Murray's third round loss to Stanislas Wawrinka today in Monte Carlo means Roger Federer will retake the No. 2 ranking on Monday. Murray, who is now 0-3 against Wawrinka on clay, says he's got a lot to iron out in his clay game.
“It does take me time to feel comfortable on the surface,” Murray said. “I need matches against top players to see what's going wrong and what's going right, things I need to work on to get better. Normally towards the end of the clay court season, I start to feel better with my game and I've had some good results, but at the start I have struggled a little bit.”
• One of the biggest mysteries every year is what actually goes on during the Monte Carlo player party, which features an annual "talent show" that has seen Novak Djokovic walk the runway in nothing but his underwear, an incredibly spot-on impression of Djokovic from his good friend Janko Tipsarevic, and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in drag. Here's what we know about this year's show:
• Sam Stosur says it's a race against time to get her calf healed and ready for this weekend's Fed Cup tie.
• What's Juan Carlos Ferrero been up to since he retired last year? Golfing with Sergio Garcia.
• Venus Williams lends her help to The Cartoon Network's anti-bullying campaign. The CNN documentary will be available on line on April 29th.
• Non-tennis: Please watch Patton Oswalt's improvised Star Wars filibuster
from Parks and Recreation
. Can I buy advance tickets for this film?