Daily Bagel: On its 40th anniversary, remembering the Battle of the Sexes
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Andy Murray stopped by the BBC's Mock the Week to get, well, mocked. He and Kim could not stop laughing as the troupe listed "Unlikely Things For Andy Murray to Think." (contains NSFW language)
Today is the 40th Anniversary of The Battle of the Sexes. Here are a few reads to commemorate the occasion:
• espnW catches up with the likes of Chris Evert, Rosie Casals and Bud Collins to get their memories of the match.
• Time magazine looks back on how it covered the event when it happened.
• The Wall Street Journal: A writer who covered the event revisits its significance.
• The Washington Post on the growth of the WTA over the last 40 years into the premier women's professional sports organization in the world.
• You can stream When Billie Beat Bobby on Netflix.
• Behind the scenes of Rafael Nadal's Vanity Fair cover shoot.
• Wayne Bryan is not happy about the decision to marginalize doubles in collegiate tennis.
• Jill Craybas writes about her decision to hang up her racket and retire.• Non-tennis: TGIF, everyone.