Tennis' must-follow Twitter accounts
SI.com scoured the Twitterverse to compile the Twitter 100, the best accounts in the sports world. Three tennis figures made the list: tour professionals Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) and Ivo Karlovic (@ivokarlovic) and journalist Matt Cronin (@tennisreporters). However, for tennis-crazed fans, that's not enough. To help you out, we came up with a comprehensive list of other must-follow Twitter accounts from the tennis world.
• Roger Federer (@rogerfederer): Federer joined Twitter in May, so his feed as a whole needs some time to develop. But every once in a while he'll drop the kind of jokes your dad would make, and it's incredibly endearing.
• Serena Williams (@serenawilliams): Her "Serena Fridays" can be a Twitter highlight, and its her willingness to interact with her fans that sets her apart.
• Maria Sharapova (@MariaSharapova): One thing you learn quickly if you follow Sharapova on Twitter: Her life is way more glamorous than yours. Come for her thoughts on Emmy fashion, stay for the impressive amount of humble-bragging.
• PseudoFed (@PseudoFed): The best tennis parody account by a mile.
• Andrea Petkovic (@andreapetkovic): The German made a name for herself on social media before her tennis put her into the top 10, but success hasn't changed her. She's smart and funny, and has great taste in music.
• Micaela Bryan (@MicaelaBryan): Going forward, no one should start a Twitter account on behalf of their infant. Because no one will ever do it better than Bob Bryan's daughter, Micaela, who posts (via proxy) hilarious pictures of herself with her daddy's friends.
• Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole): As Djokovic has matured, his tweeting has become more polished, which isn't necessarily a good thing. But his sense of humor and willingness to tweet loads of pictures as he flies around the world still make him a must-follow.
• Laura Robson (@laurarobson5): When it comes to the next generation of tennis stars, Robson has dominated Twitter like no other teen, riffing about pop culture, golf and her fellow players. She just gets it.
• Ana Ivanovic (@AnaIvanovic): A new addition to Twitter, the shy Serb has been surprisingly funny and self-aware.
• Alison Riske (@Riske4rewards): The 23-year-old American's innocent brand of humor (think Ellen DeGeneres with a racket) is a refreshing recent addition to the tennis Twittersphere.
• Taylor Townsend (@Taylor_Townsen): Townsend's penchant for Vine-ing in the player's lounge makes her worth the follow.
• Madison Keys (@MadisonKeys): Keys had to beg her agent to let her join Twitter, which she finally did this summer. Her feed is teenage sarcasm at its finest.
• Andy Murray (@andymurray): Murray comes and goes on Twitter, but it looks he's back on it to stay. An admitted tennis geek, Murray is constantly tweeting about other matches he's watching and his support for other players, men or women.
• Maggie May (@maggiemay_hem): Murray's border terrier, Maggie (or his girlfriend, Kim Sears, if you don't believe dogs can work a BlackBerry), spends her days wreaking havoc in London's public parks and tweeting about her never-ending war with her brother, Murray's other dog, Rusty. And she's very funny about it.
• Judy Murray (@judmoo): Eighty percent of Murray's mother's tweets are related to cakes, 10 percent are about her sons and the remaining 10 percent are a hodgepodge of witty observations about the tour, her travels and ... darts. Just go with it.
• Dmitry Tursunov (@TursunovTales): Since Ernests Gulbis refuses to join Twitter, Tursunov is a pretty good replacement. The Russian is smart and witty, and he's not one to keep his opinions to himself.
• Greg Sharko (@SharkoTennis): There isn't a tennis writer in the world who doesn't have Sharko, the ATP's stats guru, on speed dial.
• Sorana Cirstea (@sorana_cirstea): The affable Romanian is friends with everyone in the locker room, and she's always sending out fun photos from training sessions and tournaments.
• Maria Kirilenko (@mkirilenko): The Russian didn't use Twitter much before the last year, but perhaps with fiancé Alexander Ovechkin's influence, she's been showing off a lighthearted side that we don't often get to see on court or in the press room. Just wait until the NHL season starts -- that's when she's at her best.
• Benoit Paire (@benoitpaire): Paire's tweets are almost exclusively in French, so brush up on your high school French when you get a chance. But the photos he tweets are usually self-explanatory.
• Ryan Harrison (@ryanharrison92): Harrison has single-handedly made the "#Merica" hashtag a thing in the tennis world, and his unabashedly American tweets when he travels overseas are great.
• Anastasia Rodionova (@arodionova): The prickly Russian likes to complain about everything. And she's very good at it.
• Darren Cahill (@darren_cahill): He's the best television analyst in the business and his insight never fails to be illuminating.
• Chris Evert (@ChrissieEvert): She's at her best when live-tweeting golf's major championships, and her utter distress when she has to watch Federer lose is pretty amusing.
• Sara Foster (@saramfoster): Tommy Haas' wife doesn't mince words with her tennis observations, especially when she believes her husband has been wronged.
• Ben Rothenberg (@BenRothenberg): An occasional contributor on this blog and (disclaimer) my podcast partner, Rothenberg combines an eye for smaller, underreported stories and players with his occasional snark.
• Simon Cambers (@scambers73): The London-based journalist is a solid source for British tennis news (read: Andy Murray, Laura Robson and the LTA) and all the betting lines you could ask for.
• Colette Lewis (@zootennis): The go-to account for juniors and college tennis information.
• Carole Bouchard (@carole_bouchard): A journalist for France's L'Equipe, Bouchard's bilingual enthusiasm for the game (she tweets in both French and English) is contagious.
• Elena Scuro (@TheSliceTweets): The best account to follow if you want to see offbeat tennis photos that seem to be tweeted before they even happen. https://twitter.com/TheSliceTweets/status/382559356316696579