The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: On The Jonathan Ross Show, Andy Murray recounts that final game of the Wimbledon final: "Yeah, I was s******g myself."
• Janko Tipsarevic is doubtful for Serbia in this weekend's Davis Cup final. That just ramps up the pressure on Novak Djokovic.
• Rafael Nadal tweeted a photo with his long-lost brother (not really).
• Viktor Troicki may not be allowed into Belgrade Arena for the Davis Cup final. Needless to say, his teammates have been by his side through this whole ordeal, as Christopher Clarey of The New York Times reports.
Troicki’s case has stirred up fiery emotions and also underscored the players’ bond. Djokovic invited Troicki to train with him in Monte Carlo during his suspension. When the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling was issued last week, Djokovic delivered an impassioned statement supporting Troicki at a post-match news conference at the A.T.P. World Tour Finals in London.
“I will never forget this for the rest of my life,” Troicki said.
The doubles specialist Nenad Zimonjic and Tipsarevic have seen and helped Troicki regularly in Belgrade in recent weeks, as has Serbia’s Davis Cup captain, Bogdan Obradovic.
“He was completely destroyed emotionally,” Obradovic said. “He cried. He was saying, ‘What is going wrong with my life?’ Believe me, it’s like somebody died in your family, but if you kill someone and they are dead they can say nothing. Killing someone when they stay alive is the worst thing you can do to someone.”
• Tennis.com reports that Radek Stepanek's divorce from Nicole Vaidisova is official. And, as we all know by now, he's dating Petra Kvitova.
The duo, according to Stepanek, has many things in common, including a strong bond with their families and growing up in small towns. Outwardly, Stepanek, in case you hadn’t guessed, is the extrovert of the pair.
“I found in Petra something very, very special,” Stepanek said. “She’s a very smart girl and very humble for a person who has already achieved so much in tennis.
“She has a big heart and when I see her parents, I kind of see my own parents. I’m so happy I found her, and it definitely changed my life.”
• Did we really learn anything from this rendition of the ATP World Tour Finals? Maybe not.
• Summary of the changes to the WTA calendar in 2014.
• Roger Federer will play an exhibition with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga on Jan. 8 at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.
• The USTA's lawsuit against the filmmakers behind the Venus and Serena Williams documentary trucks along.
• Non-tennis: You can actually order a Harry Potter "Butterbeer" from Starbucks