Daily Bagel: Pete Sampras says Roger Federer is a total prankster
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Photo: Roger Federer and Pete Sampras have Thanksgiving dinner in Malaysia in 2007. (Getty Images)
• Pete Sampras says Roger Federer is a total prankster.
We were travelling in Asia in 2007 on an exhibition tour and I thought to myself, ‘this guy is like he’s in high school’. I’m slightly embarrassed to be telling you this but he would come up and blow in your ear or scream in your ear. He did it to his trainer a few times, and I thought they looked like a couple of kids from high school. That’s sort of a silly story, but it tells you about his light-hearted attitude. He loves talking and laughing. He’s just a down-to-earth guy.
• The readers of Spanish sports paper Marca voted Rafael Nadal the greatest Spanish sportsman ever.
• Don't expect to see Martina Hingis play singles on the WTA Tour next year.
• Peter Bodo gives out his 2013 Anti-Awards. It was a rough year for Australia.
• Agnieszka Radwanska was voted the WTA Fan Favorite for the third straight year.• Non-tennis: Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone.