The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Want to know the secret to Serena Williams' hair? During a press conference in Argentina, she reveals that she puts an entire bottle of conditioner in her hair when she showers. Yes, the WHOLE bottle.
• Roger Federer says 2013 wasn't a "lost year."
"No year is lost. In the circumstances, it was actually an interesting season. It's no joke being injured, of course. But I had to get through it, I had to question everything. Along with the back problems, I had other setbacks of a kind I had seldom had in the previous ten years. But nonetheless it was an interesting experience – to see how different people reacted, and how I dealt with this situation myself. Sometimes, I could hardly move properly, and yet was sharply criticized by some people."
• Strong message from Sania Mirza, who spoke out against female infanticide in India.
“The numbers you see are so disturbing,” said Mirza, who is a top-flight doubles player and once reached No. 27 in singles. “For everything we achieve, why do we need a guy? We as people who achieve so much need to be an example to women, it’s our responsibility to try and educate people in India that having a girl is plus not a minus. As a woman I want to do anything everything I can to spread that word.”
• A solid set of Rafa Awards.
• Speaking of Nadal, meet Pablo Carreno Busta, the player who won more matches than Nadal this year.
• Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy have been nominated for best sports couple of 2013 by USA Today.
• Kamakshi Tandon of ESPN.com looks at the effectiveness of the first serve vs. second serve for the top players.
• Tennis Grandstand hits it out of the park again: Players react to Davis Cup and the World Tour Finals on Facebook. • Non-tennis: Behind the Cyber Monday hustle.