The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Photo: Adidas and Andy Murray show off their sense of humor with this ad congratulating Murray for his BBC Sports Personality of the Year honor and playing off Murray's reputation for being bland and dour. Judy Murray retweeted the ad and Andy let everyone know it was in good fun.
• Very good read from Peter Bodo on the Grand Slam milestone that both Serena Williams and Roger Federer could hit next season: 18.
• ESPN.com picks Agnieszka Radwanska and Grigor Dimitrov as its 2013 Shot-Makers of the Year. No argument here.
• Murray's Wimbledon win hasn't helped tennis participation numbers in Britain.
• PseudoFed sings the 12 Days of Christmas as only PseudoFed can.
On the twelfth day of Christmas
A clay court said to me:
More than 12 years of trying
11 Spots of Rain
10 Tight boxer shorts
9 80s songs
8 Misjudged challenges
7 Chocolate cakes
6 Pairs of shin guards
I said, “Shut Up”
4 Different sized racquets
3 Noisy families
2 Olympic medals
and A nice bye straight to round three
• Maryland native Francis Tiafoe, 15, became the youngest winner of the Orange Bowl juniors tournament, beating Stefan Kozlov 7-6 (3), 0-6, 6-3 in the final.
• Venus Williams has a new blog post up.