Daily Bagel: Roger Federer announces baby on the way
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Jingle Bells, as you've never heard it before.
• Another Federer is on the way:
• Andy Roddick makes Will Leitch's list of top sports media personalities of 2013 for his work on Fox Sports Live.
• ESPN's top tennis tweets of 2013.
• Chuck Culpepper reflects on Andy Murray's Wimbledon win.
How do you grasp the depth of the fact that right there, on the first Sunday in July in 2013, the deathless sentence fixed to die? The sentence, "No Brit has won the Wimbledon men's singles title since Fred Perry in 1936," prepared to yield after seven decades and seven years, with Andy Murray from Dunblane, Scotland, serving for the Wimbledon final against No. 1 Novak Djokovic. Surely it would fizzle, after becoming such a congealed fixture that all keyboards at Wimbledon should have come with special keys that, with one punch, would have spat out, "No Brit has won the Wimbledon men's singles title since Fred Perry in 1936," saving all chroniclers the usual chore. Here it would go to the dustbin, the sentence that had gathered steam and then moss and then old age and even inflexibility ...
• How Canada's Davis Cup team captured the world's attention.
• Tennis Grandstand predicts who will qualify for the 2014 ATP World Tour Finals.
• Saturday Night Live's Kate McKinnon as Billie Jean King, in GIFs.• Non-tennis: From Videogum ,the top 10 viral videos of 2013.