The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka modeled in a celebrity fashion show near Bangkok.
• Don't expect Rafael Nadal to join the trend of inviting any former Grand Slam winners into his coaching box.
"It is great to have a great champion in tour games as they bring great charisma to the game. It will be great to have Ivan [Lendl] and Boris [Becker] around this season. It is a good thing and will do positive things to the tour," Nadal told the Gulf News.
"However, I will stick to my team. I always feel when I play bad, it is my fault and when I'm winning I'm doing the right things. I had success in my career with the same team.
"I had good and worst moments with the same team. I understand if anything goes wrong, nobody is responsible more than me."
• Nadal lost to David Ferrer 6-4, 6-4 in his first unofficial match of the season at an exhibition in Abu Dhabi. Ferrer will face Novak Djokovic in the final after Djokovic beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 7-6 (5), 6-3.
• In his first two matches back from injury, Andy Murray got an exhibition win over Stanislas Wawrinka and lost to Tsonga. He plays the Qatar Open in Doha next week.
• Venus Williams says she's fit and healthy as the 2014 season starts, which is great news.
• The same does not go for Laura Robson, who withdrew from the ASB Classic in Auckland due to a wrist injury.
• Maria Sharapova plays ball girl for a day.
• Test your 2013 tennis knowledge in this ESPN quiz. It's not easy.
• A number of ATP doubles teams will reunite for the new season.
• Tennis fans celebrate the arrival of the new season.
• Time to set your alarm clocks: Hopman Cup begins early Saturday morning with a great tie between Canada and Australia. Eugenie Bouchard will face Sam Stosur (4 a.m. ET), Milos Raonic will face Bernard Tomic (5:30 a.m. ET) and then the teams will play a mixed doubles match (7 a.m. ET). • Non-tennis: Silly stuff written on silly animal pictures.