Daily Bagel: Up-and-comer impresses Andy Murray
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Li Na hilariously recounts the one time her husband did something romantic on Valentine's Day.
• Dominic Thiem, a 20-year-old Austrian ranked No. 113, made quite the impression in pushing Andy Murray to three sets Thursday in the second round of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament. Here was Murray after the match:
"It was unbelievably tough with a lot of long games. Maybe fun for the fans, but not [for me] to play against a talent like Dominic Thiem. We'll be hearing a lot from him."
• Here's more on Thiem from the ATP website.
• Murray offers some solid Valentine's Day advice.
• On Monday, Peng Shuai will become the first Chinese No. 1, male or female, when she takes over the top spot in doubles. I wrote about her partnership with Taiwan's Hsieh Su-Wei for the WTA website.
• A thorough tactical breakdown of how Stanislas Wawrinka succeeded where Roger Federer failed and beat Rafael Nadal.
• Part II of The Tennis Space's interview with Dr. Stuart Miller, head of anti-doping for the ITF.