Daily Bagel: Aga Radwanska gets sweet deal with The Cheesecake Factory
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: The nominees for the WTA's February Shot of the Month. Stiff competition, but I gotta go with Angelique Kerber's scrambling defense (at 0:25).
• Agnieszka Radwanska is set to announce a sponsorship deal with ... The Cheesecake Factory. She will wear the company's logo on her visor. I hope there are incentive clauses that make her eat a slice on every changeover. Here's Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal:
The endorsement grew from social media, which will play a major role in promoting the ties between the Polish star and the American outlet. For years, Radwanska, now the third-ranked player in the world and who reached the 2012 Wimbledon final, has tweeted her enthusiasm for The Cheesecake Factory when touring in the United States.
• If you missed Monday's exhibition match between Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras in London, here's a link.
• Video: Agassi talks Roger Federer and the International Premier Tennis League.
• Sergiy Stakhovsky wrote a piece for SI.com offering his perspective on the crisis in his native Ukraine.
• Andy Murray says his body is feeling good after a grueling week at the Mexican Open.
• From suicide attempt to revealing he's gay: How Notre Dame's Matt Dooley came out to his tennis teammates.
• Bernard Tomic is looking to return from hip surgery at the Monte Carlo Masters in mid-April.
• A great write-up, from Ricky Dimon of The Grandstand, tracking the development of Grigor Dimitrov from a flashy but immature player to a legitimate rising star.
• espnW catches up with new Hall of Famer Lindsay Davenport, one of tennis' "normals."
• Will Ferrell will team up with Novak Djokovic against Murray and Kevin Spacey in a charity exhibition this week.• Non-tennis: This NPR All Songs Considered podcast on the worst songs of all time -- which features the return to NPR for Portlandia's Carrie Brownstein -- is hilarious and worth a listen.