Daily Bagel: WTA's Elite Eight show off their favorite dance moves
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: The WTA's Elite Eight show off some dance moves in Indian Wells. Maria Sharapova's cabbage patch is aggressive.
• More on Matt Dooley, the Notre Dame tennis player who came out as gay to his teammates.
''Saying gay for the first time was extremely tough, almost choking, because you know your life will never be the same. That was the hardest part, to move forward from there,'' the 22-year-old senior said Thursday. ''For me at least, every part of my being was like, `No, no you're not.' But I talk about growing. You learn to accept what you can't change, and this is something I can't change.''
Dooley says he has received ''overwhelmingly positive'' feedback since disclosing publicly on Monday in an article posted on Outsports.com that he was gay. He had told his coaches in August and his teammates on Sept. 16, the two-year anniversary of trying to commit suicide by overdosing on pills because he was struggling with who he was.
''That day I wanted nothing more than to escape the anguish of coming out to my family, my friends, and, in a way, myself,'' he wrote in the article. ''Death was better than accepting - or revealing - that I was gay.''
• This is nice to see: ATP and WTA players come together to celebrate Agnieszka Radwanska's birthday.
• Retired British tennis player Elena Baltacha has been diagnosed with liver cancer. Given her reputation as a player, no doubt she'll embrace the battle.
• Roger Federer and Grigor Dimitrov practiced together at Indian Wells.
• Some great photos from the WTA's All-Access Hour in Indian Wells. The desert sun just puts everyone in a good mood.