Daily Bagel: Roger Federer expecting twins again?
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Roger Federer lobs Kevin Anderson en route to an easy win on Thursday night. Tremendous disguise. It looks like he's going topspin drive all the way.
• Is Federer expecting another set of twins?
Swiss newspaper 20 Minuten, citing sources close to the family, said the couple was due to give birth to the double bundle of joy in July.
Responding to the report during a press conference at this week's Indian Wells tournament in California, Federer said: "If it was [true], I wouldn't tell you guys. It's a secret."
The Federers are already proud parents of identical twin girls Myla and Charlene, born in 2009.
Stephens is a different breed of cat, there’s no doubt about that. She’s one of those athletes who looks like she’s tired, slow, and both uninterested and disinterested. She always makes you wonder how she can be so athletic and quick when she looks so reluctant to move. That wouldn’t be so bad, in and of itself, but more and more it seems that Stephens has that trademark of a true diva, a contrary streak.
Stephens’ frenemy Serena may also be a diva, but she isn’t contrary or coy. Serena tackles the job in straightforward fashion. Part of what makes watching Stephens interesting and different is that you’re always wondering if she’s into it -- if she really cares, if she’s really willing to do what it takes to win. You may ask yourself lots of questions when you watch Serena, but those aren’t among them. I can see where Stephens’ lackadaisical attitude might be a useful weapon in the mind games that underlie so many tennis matches, but what if it’s less a diversionary tactic than a reality? What if she’s just a spectacularly talented kid whose tapped out on big-picture motivation?
• Andy Murray hopes he'll be playing his best tennis by the French Open.
• The BNP Paribas Open tournament Facebook page has been posting some amazing photos from the tournament.
• That would be Elena Vesnina on the cover of Russian Playboy.• Non-tennis: Enjoy your parties this weekend, my fellow introverts!