Daily Bagel: John McEnroe hails Ivan Lendl's 'awesome' meltdown
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Photo: Roger Federer visited Disney World on Monday. Naturally, he tweeted about it.
• In case you missed this from last week: Ivan Lendl argued for 10 minutes about a line call during a PowerShares match against John McEnroe in Charlotte, N.C. McEnroe, who went on to win, enjoyed his opponent's tantrum, as the PowerShares website detailed:
As Lendl sat on the back of the court arguing with the linesperson, McEnroe paraded around on and off the court, posing for selfie photographs with fans seated in the front row and riling up the crowd.
In his post-match on-court interview with Jimmy Arias from the Tennis Channel, McEnroe was asked how the shoe felt on the other foot, the difficulty of playing against an opponent who complains so long over a line call. “I loved it,” McEnroe shouted with happy enthusiasm in response. “Now I know what it is like. It was outstanding. I got to have some fun, talk to some people. Take some pictures. It was awesome. He melted down and I pulled it out.”
• ESPN.com's Greg Garber assesses the state of the top women as the Sony Open begins.
• The ATP says the best player in tiebreaks in tour history is ...
• Sloane Stephens has registered for gifts at Target for her 21st birthday, which is Thursday. Diane Elayne Dees of Women Who Serve has her own ideas for what to get Stephens from the discount retailer.
• Rafael Nadal is taking on the world in poker.• Non-tennis: Why are women still so poorly represented in Hollywood?