Daily Bagel: What can we learn about WTA stars from their hula hooping?
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: What do we learn about the WTA stars in this hula-hooping exhibition? Serena Williams knows how to get down, Li Na has clearly won hula-hooping contests before and Simona Halep should probably stick to tennis.
• It will be "a lot of months" until Juan Martin del Potro returns from his recent wrist surgery.
"The toughest thing was to decide to have the surgery, but it was the best decision,” said del Potro, who was sidelined for the majority of 2010 after surgery on his right wrist, also performed by Dr. Berger at the Mayo Clinic. “The doctor had the chance to take a better look at the injury and he saw the ligaments were broken, so it was the best thing to do.
"It will take me a lot of months to recover,” continued del Potro, who was named ATP Comeback Player of the Year in 2011 after recovering from the right wrist surgery. “In 15 days I have to be checked by the doctor again to see how everything is going and only then will we have a better idea of how long it will take to be back. All the support I have makes me want to come back as soon as possible.
• Great read from Jon Wertheim on tennis' lack of personalities, and why that's a good thing.
• Here's what Maria Sharapova will be wearing at the French Open.
• Heather Watson posted a great video on Facebook of her mom yelling advice to Serena during her match against Sharapova at the Sony Open.
• Julia Goerges glams up for a fashion shoot.• Non-tennis: "Click-bait" isn't a 21st century construct.