Daily Bagel: The best (worst?) insults from tennis players
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Roger Federer with a perfect backhand flick lob and anticipation at the net in his straight set win over Mikhail Kukushkin today at Davis Cup.
• The Tennis Space has collected some of the best (worst?) insults levied by tennis players.
Andre Agassi on Pete Sampras:
“Pete sounds more robotic than a parrot. I envy Pete’s dullness. I wish I could emulate his spectacular lack of inspiration, and his peculiar lack of need for inspiration.”
What Anna Kournikova said to Martina Hingis after losing 6-0 6-0 to her at the junior US Open:
“You won, but I’m prettier and more marketable than you.”
• A British teenage prospect is suing the Lawn Tennis Association for racial discrimination.
• Steve Tignor and Richard Pagliaro at Tennis.com discuss the first quarter of the tennis season.
• A fan's view of the Sony Open.
• What's the term for a photo of a selfie in progress? A meta-selfie?
• Klara Zakopalova has gone back to her maiden name, Koukalova.• Non-tennis: SI.com's Final Four picks.