The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams, Usain Bolt and Tiger Woods as children.
• Sharpova is now the co-owner of Supergoop (no really, that's the name) a cosmetics company focused on reducing skin damage.
Her desire to spread awareness about sun damage, especially skin cancer, the most prevalent – and preventable – of all leading cancers, dovetailed with the company's mission.
One in five Americans will be diagnosed with skin cancer in their lifetime, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation.
"If there was a cream you could put on your body that would prevent women from having breast cancer you can imagine how incredibly popular it would be," said Sharapova, who learned from her mother the importance of using sun protection after a childhood spent mostly in sun-baked Florida.
"I think the voice that I have can be quite powerful in this category," added Sharapova, who turns 27 this month.
• A glimpse of what could have been? John Isner plays basketball with Clyde Drexler in Houston.
• SB Nation puts forth their "Advanced Rankings" for the men and women. Some interesting discussion points in there.
• Is tennis prime for a class war?
• Agnieszka Radwanska got her 20th win of the season in Katowice.
• Juan Martin del Potro with a wrist update.
• Non-tennis: Stephen Colbert!