Daily Bagel: Caroline Wozniacki goes back to blonde at the Masters
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Video: Fernando Verdasco does the traditional Houston victory celebration: Cannonball!
• Photo: Caroline Wozniacki finally decided to go back to her natural blonde hair color on the last day of the Masters. RIP, Pink Hair. You still lasted longer than all of her coaches. (Rob Carr/Getty Images)
• In an interview with The Guardian, Tomas Berdych says he's ready to turn the ATP's Big Four into "The Big Five".
"Stan gave all of us new hope and new energy," Berdych says. "He showed it's possible. From 2005, there were very few players who won a grand slam besides those four [in the eight-and-a-half years separating the 2005 French Open and (Stanislas) Wawrinka's Australian breakthrough, only Juan Martín del Potro, who won the 2009 U.S. Open, broke the monopoly that saw the 34 other grand slams shared between the "big four"]. It's incredible.
"But now it's absolutely right to say it's opening up, and this is why I don't feel tired after 12 years [on tour]. I have a new impulse and I'm very close. I have extra energy to work harder and get higher because I know it also took Andy [Murray] a long time to win his first slam."
• From Steve Tignor for Tennis.com: The Monte Carlo Masters are tennis' version of Opening Day.
Tennis, by contrast, can never go wrong with its own entrant in the “you know it’s spring” sweepstakes. All you need is a photographer, or three, to stand at the top of the Monte Carlo Country Club and take a shot of the red clay on center court, with the blue Mediterranean beyond. That's spring to a tennis fan. Then, over the next week, we have the little bonus of the tournament itself, a traditional stop for the men since the 19th century.
• Germany's Fed Cup chances fall on the strong shoulders of Andrea Petkovic.
• Serena Williams is on the cover of Fitness magazine.
• Francis Tiafoe won the ITF Easter Bowl over the weekend.
• Victoria Azarenka joined RedFoo in Sydney. Did they get a two-for-one deal on those specs?• Non-tennis: Here's the trailer for the new X-Men movie. Welcome back, Brian Singer.